THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as “the Act”), which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, applies to Toyo Tyre Sales And Marketing Malaysia Sdn Bhd (collectively referred to as “our”, “us” or “we”). For the purposes of this Notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the same meaning as prescribed in the Act.
- This written notice serves to inform you that your personal data is being processed by us or on our behalf.
- The personal data processed by us may include without limitation your name, NRIC No., contact details such as telephone number and correspondence address, and car plate number provided by you in the documents as prescribed in Toyo Tire Fan Club website and all other details relating thereto. It may also include your images or recordings taken during our private or public events or activities.
- We are processing your personal data, including any additional information you may subsequently provide, for the following purposes (“Purposes”) :
- to carry out our obligations related to the sales and/or the provision of our products and/or services to you including without limitation keeping track of your purchase and warranty and to provide you support on our products purchased/rented by you;
- for communication with you regarding a variety of information on products and services, sales and/or general administration purposes;
- to maintain and update our customer service records;
- for statistical records and analysis;
- to carry out promotional and marketing activities;
- to promote and provide you with information related to our products and services unless you have otherwise indicated that you do not wish for us to process your personal data for such purpose; and such other purposes as may be related to the foregoing.
- In the event you provide us an alternative contact detail and/or contact person, you hereby confirm and acknowledge that you are responsible in obtaining the consent of such person as an alternative contact detail and/or contact person in order for us to process for the above Purposes.
- Your personal data is and will be collected from you and/or from the information you have provided in your emails, all application/registration forms, information that you may provide us from time to time via oral communications and written communications and information provided by third parties such as credit information providers and our business partners.
- If you fail to supply to us the above personal data or subsequently withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data, we may not be able to process your personal data for any of the above Purposes.
- The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the personal data you provide us is accurate, complete and not misleading and that such personal data is kept up to date.
- You may access and request for updating and correction of your personal data and to contact us with any enquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data as follows:-
Telephone: +603-5568 3188
Fax: +603-5569 8909
E-mail address: email@example.com